Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: A few Social D predictions

  1. #21
    Inactive Member syckgirlSFV's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    507
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    all due respect to everyone's opinion...but I don't buy the laziness thing. Now, if he had let go EVERY other aspect of his life (i.e. family, home, sobriety, new business, etc...) but put out an album just so the whiners would quiet down....he'd probably lose everything else, but hey he'd have his fans.

    Bottom line, he doesn't live his life for us.

  2. #22
    Inactive Member A Real Musician's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2003
    Posts
    780
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by syckgirlSFV:
    all due respect to everyone's opinion...but I don't buy the laziness thing. Now, if he had let go EVERY other aspect of his life (i.e. family, home, sobriety, new business, etc...) but put out an album just so the whiners would quiet down....he'd probably lose everything else, but hey he'd have his fans.

    Bottom line, he doesn't live his life for us.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">The problem is that he has let go of his playing career. You guys might be the most loyal fans around, because most people won't put up with this. Mike disappears for a year then resurfaces around Christmas, tells everyone he's working on the album, then disappears.


    [img]graemlins/shhh.gif[/img]

    <font color="black">Dave Matthews Band "The Central Park Concert" </font>
    <font color="black">played: 9-24-03 released 11-18-03 and Dave has kids also, tours more relentlessy than Mike and plays more than Mike each night. Don't tell me it can't be done!!!</font>

    I'm just messing with ya'll. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    <font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ December 02, 2003 09:36 PM: Message edited by: fag_johnson ]</font>

  3. #23
    Inactive Member esvenneby's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2003
    Posts
    1,717
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    SD has alot of fans, and I would say that the majority of them, do not "feel" that they "are putting up with anything". People in general know better than to have expectations from people they don't even know.
    When you "are putting up with something" you have to be personally involved, and I dont think any of you are screwing Ness.
    You may "feel" emotionally involved with the band, the music is quite moving.....but your feelings unfortunately are one-sided.

  4. #24
    Inactive Member esvenneby's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2003
    Posts
    1,717
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Two Drink, I'm not trying to make you look stupid, I think you are very smart, and I said that. My point is that your young. You have alot more going for you than most 16 year olds, just not as experienced as some of us that are older. I wish you could respect where we are coming from. Thank you for disclosing your age on a prior occasion. I think most of us already had that figured out, but that doesn't mean we think your stupid, we just remember some of the same characteristics when we were younger.
    I do belive that there are things that you are so much more capable of that I will never do (cuz I'm old and set in my ways), and for that I respect you. I just wish you would respect your elders as well, because the majority of us that post on here were once as much a rebel as you are, and life's experiences has made us who we are today.
    This should never have became a pissing match, we can all be friends. Enlighten us, and we will enlighten you, if your open to it.

    <font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ December 03, 2003 03:40 AM: Message edited by: Erica S ]</font>

  5. #25
    Inactive Member A Real Musician's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2003
    Posts
    780
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Erica S:
    SD has alot of fans, and I would say that the majority of them, do not "feel" that they "are putting up with anything". People in general know better than to have expectations from people they don't even know.
    When you "are putting up with something" you have to be personally involved, and I dont think any of you are screwing Ness.
    You may "feel" emotionally involved with the band, the music is quite moving.....but your feelings unfortunately are one-sided.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">I don't really feel emotionally involved. I've just seen fans of other bands get upset over much less.

  6. #26
    Inactive Member two drink minimum's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2003
    Posts
    1,655
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Erica, please if you wanna try to make my post illegitimate because of my age, think it to yourself. I was nice enough to disclose my age to you guys and all you do is use it to make me sound stupid. I have thought out of all of my beliefs and honestly I don't believe I will be changing very much. I will always be an outspoken liberal lunatic who demands a lot out of others as well as myself, I am too stubborn to change, just ask 773124.<font color="black">Who's smarter the 16 year old with infinite possibilities or the 40 year old failure??? You decide</font>

  7. #27
    Inactive Member A Real Musician's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2003
    Posts
    780
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by two drink minimum:
    I am too stubborn to change, just ask 773124.<font color="black">Who's smarter the 16 year old with infinite possibilities or the 40 year old failure??? You decide</font>
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Thats fag_johnson to you.

    <font color="black">It's ironic that she tries to make others look stupid by bringing up age, yet she's 40 and hasn't made anything of herself. </font>

    <font color="black">Hey, Erica. You are a giant loser. The fact that you are a 40 year old trying desperately to be cool in front of 16 year olds only shows that.</font>

    But you can call me 773124 if you want. [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img]

  8. #28
    Inactive Member Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 26th, 2003
    Posts
    75
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No intentions of insulting anyone – just an observation… Some of us are in the “Telling Them” stage of our lives others are in the “I Was Wrong” stage.
    Maturity isn’t a definition of intelligence; it can be an indicator, but not necessarily. Things happen in life that change your way of thinking or change what is important to you. Have a kid, become paralyzed, lose a loved one, go to prison, etc. These things change you. A lot of people on this board had the “rebel – middle finger attitude”, as you mature it tempers into more of an edgy, self-confident persona. I know people who haven’t been able to evolve – they’re not very successful or happy. Give it time , you’ll agree.

  9. #29
    Inactive Member Bill Evans's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 21st, 2003
    Posts
    204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think that we need to stop talking about age before we get into an argument. Lets try to talk about something we can agree on.

    <font color="black">fag_jonson is right, erica is trying to pick a fight. She might want to get along, but still try to humiliate 2 drink because of his age. its like friends who constantly tear you down for nothing. Erica has shit for brains!</font>

  10. #30
    Inactive Member Bill Evans's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 21st, 2003
    Posts
    204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Creep:
    No intentions of insulting anyone ? just an observation? Some of us are in the ?Telling Them? stage of our lives others are in the ?I Was Wrong? stage.
    Maturity isn?t a definition of intelligence; it can be an indicator, but not necessarily. Things happen in life that change your way of thinking or change what is important to you. Have a kid, become paralyzed, lose a loved one, go to prison, etc. These things change you. A lot of people on this board had the ?rebel ? middle finger attitude?, as you mature it tempers into more of an edgy, self-confident persona. I know people who haven?t been able to evolve ? they?re not very successful or happy. Give it time , you?ll agree.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">I am in the When She Begins stage because it is a super cool song and I am super cool. It's also about rockin and rollin if you know what I mean

    <font color="black">Creep should have never posted this peice of crap. It does not apply to what we are talking about.

    I think that bastard needs a bashing soon.</font>
    when she begins rocks my socks off! [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

    <font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ December 03, 2003 03:47 PM: Message edited by: Hairy Larry ]</font>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •